Getting that perfect ‘just woke up like this’ look is a little more complicated than it sounds. If you really do roll to work straight from bed without looking in a mirror, chances are you’re going to get some funny looks. Though, with a good haircut and the right styling product, you’ll be able to rock the Bed Hair style without too much effort at all.
If you’re wanting to get the Bed Hair look, our word of advice is to control the chaos. Keep your hair shorter on the sides and a manageable length on top, ask your barber to take some of the ‘weight’ out of your hair so that you can really accentuate the texture.
To style this cut, Todd has used Uppercut Deluxe Clay.
Uppercut Deluxe Clay is a strong hold product, that offers a natural finish, leaving your hair soft and matte. One of our favorite things about this product is that it can be easily reworked throughout the day, and washes out with water alone.
Clay will easily tame any length of hair, adding texture and control to a diverse range of styles.
This product contains a delicate balance of wax and water-based ingredients to allow the product to hold firm without setting, meaning the product remains reworkable throughout the day.
HOW TO USE STYLING CLAY TO ACHIEVE A MESSY LOOK
Using a molding or sculpting Clay can be a little trickier than a traditional Pomade or Gel, however, with a little practice and a quality Clay it is a piece of cake.
- Towel dry your hair. This is one of the most important steps yet is often overlooked. Before beginning to style, give your hair a thorough towel dry. The drier your hair is before applying product, the drier the finish will be.
- Take a finger nail sized scoop of Clay and spread it across your hands. Start with a small amount of Clay and spread it across your hands, ensure the product is evenly spread.
- Rake your hands through your hair. To apply the Clay to your hair, thoroughly rake your hands through your hair. Begin at the roots of the hair and lift up to create volume and ensure each hair is coated in product.
- Scrunch to style. Using a scrunching motion with your fingers, scrunch at sections of your hair to emphasis texture.
- Finesse and finish the style. To finish the style, gently pinch and lift at pieces of hair until you are happy with the result.